[abrouxados] críticas

Roberto Mallo García joseghast en joseghast.org
Mar Nov 30 12:21:25 CET 2010

no último vital weekly aparece a crítica das dúas primeiras
referencias do selo reductive music. na segunda, de próxima
aparición, tocou servidora:

CHOI JOONYONG - I AM SCRATCHING A CD IN A ROOM (CDR by Reductive)
DANIEL DEL RIO & ROBERTO MALLO - CIRCULAR (CDR by Reductive)
Reductive is a new label from Spain for 'actual music' and 'reductive
art'. 'I Am Scratching A CD In A Room' by Choi Joonying has a nice
title of course, but scratching a CD? Isn't that not done since the
days of Oval? Perhaps, but Joonying, I must admit, does a great piece
of a scratched CD which actually has a build up, a compositional feel
to it. Over the course of twenty minutes the action and intention
grows and then slowly seems to be reducing the action towards the
end. A vibrating release, a simple idea, excellently executed. Right
length for such an excursion. Lucier would be proud.
The other release, not to be confused with the band Circular reviewed
elsewhere is a duet for turntable (Daniel Del Rio) and saxophone
(Roberto Mallo), who play improvised music, and obviously in a
reduced manner. The saxophone plays like a bunch of sine waves but
never really loud and the turntable 'scratches' the surface. Metallic
like, scratches and hiss. Yet all of this sounds remarkably like an
improvised record in the best current tradition of the scene. Lots of
careful placing of sounds, a bit of silence, small outbursts,
traditional playing of the saxophone and throughout done with great
care. Nice one. (FdW)
Address: http://reductivemusic.com

--
joseghast.org