[abrouxados] Mr. Lana News & Gigs

Joaquín Lana joaquinlana en gmail.com
Mar Ago 24 14:31:20 CEST 2010

  El 24/08/10 14:15, Roberto Mallo García escribió:
> Querémolo, pero aínda non está dispoñible para descargar!!!
>
> (levo dende que souben que o había mirando!)
>
> El 24/08/2010, a las 13.09, Joaquín Lana escribió:
>
>>  FREE SOFTWARE SERIES
>>
>> FREE SS 16
>>
>> JOAQUIN LANA - JACOBIN OF NOISE
>>
>> http://www.freesoftwareseries.org/
>> http://unamalapersona.wordpress.com/
>
> --
> joseghast.org
> taumaturgia.com

no...no esta...pero ya salio en Vital...
Christian Galarreta es bueniiiisiiimooo...el lleva el sello
ALOARDI...muy interesata también.

CHRISTIAN GALARRETA - COMPUTER MUSIC IS DEAD (CDR by Free Software Series)
NOISH - NOISE & CAPITALISM.TXT >> /DEV/DSP (CDR by Free Software Series)
JOAQUIN LANA - JACOBIN OF NOISE (CDR by Free Software Series)
Mattin's interesting Free Software Series continues with three new
releases. Usually software is mentioned, but not on the 'Computer Music
Is Dead' by Christian Galarreta, from Lima, Peru. He has two pieces from
two concerts (Mexico and Lima). The first piece is quite long and a damn
noisy beast of loud, sine wave like sounds and (perhaps) computer
processing - certainly in the second part of the piece. Played loud, the
really loud parts pierce right into your brain. The execution of the
piece however is done with great care. No fooling about by Galarreta.
The shorter piece from Lima is a microphone recording of exploding
feedback, sine waves and distortion - the computer is on fire and about
to explode soon. Sadly this piece doesn't leave a similar good
impression as the first.
Oscar Martin is Noish, and on his 'GNU/Linux', he runs 'shell, pure data
and Ardour', while adding 'portable open-tape recorder, cassette tape
recorder and a feedback mixer'. That last thing may serve as a clue that
this is a bit of a noise release, although not throughout the entire
length of twenty-six minutes and twelve seconds. Sometimes it is, and
those parts may be of less interest, but there are also moments where he
hints towards old electronic music, with glissandi up and down the
scale. It makes the entire quite entertaining, but perhaps not always
convincing. It seems to me that Noish has not yet made his mind up what
he wants to do. I would suggest to go for the more electronic sounds and
leave the noise behind.
The longest release is by Joaquin Lana, who uses 'SuperCollider_(pure:
dyne leek and potato)', whatever that means. Now this is quite a curious
piece of hiss like sounds, being chopped up. In say, roughly, the first
half of the release these sounds are presented in various shaped.
Sometimes loud, sometimes quite soft, but never over the top as a piece
of noise music. In the second half nothing happens save for some
occasional small hiss that lasts a few seconds. It kind of eludes me why
do such a thing, unless I am missing out on the bigger conceptual
picture of this. Its a pity since that first half I thoroughly enjoyed.
The second half could easily be skipped. (FdW)